I wish i could unrecall how we almost had it all

Taylor Swift, loml.

 

 

Speaks to me, even though we didn’t get it all, only three months.

Of running the entire of gamut of emotions, building attraction,

Sparking bonfires

Until the tiniest, flickering light died

But those were roaring flames while they lasted

 

A blaze that was red and intense and sexy

And wild, and sensual, and tortured

And angsty and cruel and childish

Anguished and tender and angry

Packed into a law student

Tousled blonde hair, mama’s boy

Full of joy and and armed with a wicked pen

A lethal guitar cues

An eager, bright girl

Blue eyed and full of naiveté

She had a way with words

Quirky and lusting for life

Our worlds collided

I couldn’t get enough

You saw me, decoded me

I worshipped you, put you into a silly pedestal

And for payback, you ghosted me

Mercilessly, unceremoniously dumped me.

And twenty years later

I’d like to release you

But as I work through my major traumas

I can understand the connection

And the attraction

The spell you put on me

Good with music and words

Makes me go weak at the knees

Too bad you couldn’t keep it up

We were way different, anyway

And I married a steady, kind man

Who loves me as I am

But sometimes I yearn

For those wild, sexy days

Love in our hearts

And lust in our hands

Touching you felt like

A holy ritual

and the sparks flew

until the wind blew

put the fire out

the door slammed shut

the text ceased

no more, please

hearts broken

tears spilled

and this is how

I end this history


Comments

Popular Posts